Differences between Google Page Rank and Alexa Page Rank
Google Page Rank and Alexa Rank are the two most general measuring tools by webmasters on the web. But, Google Page Rank and Alexa Rank are very much dissimilar. Here are some differences between both of them exposed.
1. Google’s Pagerank is a calculate of a page’s importance based on number and quality of incoming links to your website while Alexa Rank is computed based on traffic recorded to your website as calculated through the Alexa Toolbar.
2. Google Page Rank is only published 3-4 times a year while in Alexa ranks your website by current traffic.
3. Google Page Rank is not frequently updated as in the case of Alexa. So sometimes Google page rank may appear outdated.
4. Google Page Rank don’t require any toolbar installed on your browser but Alexa is crippled without toolbar.
5. Google Page Ranking mechanism can’t be mislead while Alexa page rank can be fictitious by installing the alexa toolbar to many computers and reloading the page frequently.
6. Google Page Rank is shown as picture while Alexa Tool Bar will show rank as Numbers.
7. Google Page Rank is calculated from 1 -10. Bigger is Better while Alexa Rank is calculated from Millions – 1. Smaller is Better.